- I wish I had never gone there.
2) Wish + Past Simple: We use this form to express wishes about the present or the future.
- I wish I had a new car.
3) Would rather + Past Simple: Describe a preference about present or the future.
- I would rather you came tomorrow.
4) Wish + Would: To talk about an habit that we would like someone else to give up.
- I wish my sister would stop playing music at night.
5) I wish I could: We use this form when we would like to have an ability that we do not have or to talk about an habit that we would like to be able to give up.
- I wish I could swim
6) It is (high) time: We use it is time + past simple to describe something we think should be done in the present or in the future.
- It is time citizens started to recycle.